Good morning everyone!
We’ve made it to the end of term! I think you all deserve a great, big pat on the back for doing so well with all your home learning. I also think that all the parents and carers deserve a big cheer too! Well done everyone and thank you for all your support over the last few months. This has been a challenging time for everyone and I really look forward to seeing all the children back in school in August. (fingers crossed!!)
The teachers have been busy tidying and organising their classrooms over the last week. I hope to take some photographs of my Primary 1/2 classroom and Miss Wilkie’s Primary 2 classroom to share with you on Seesaw today.
Because this is the last day of term, I have planned some fun activities for you. Enjoy your final day in Primary 1 and remember to post your videos, recordings and messages. I will then try to put them all together for you to see.
- Make a sand volcano! Follow the link below. https://www.growingajeweledrose.com/2014/04/sand-volcano-fun-for-kids.html#:~:text=Method%20Begin%20by%20placing%20a%20sand%20bucket%20in,playing%20in%20the%20sand%20or%20visiting%20the%20beach.
- Look at the “Volcano PowerPoint” with an adult.
- Complete the “Big End of Year Quiz”, which is posted on Seesaw.
- Relax with some seaside colouring, which is on Seesaw.
- Try these bubble making experiments. Follow the link below. https://learning.sciencemuseumgroup.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/SMG-Learning-Activities-Bubble-Fun.pdf
- Read your favourite book.
- Make up your own dance to “Oh I Do Like to Be Beside the Seaside”. https://www.growingajeweledrose.com/2014/04/sand-volcano-fun-for-kids.html#:~:text=Method%20Begin%20by%20placing%20a%20sand%20bucket%20in,playing%20in%20the%20sand%20or%20visiting%20the%20beach.
- Join Cosmic Kids for some Pirate Yoga! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gldw-_9blXM
- Do some under water counting on Top Marks.
- Play “Helicopter Rescue” on Top Marks. How quickly can you find the numbers? https://www.topmarks.co.uk/learning-to-count/helicopter-rescue
- Play “Chopper Squad” on Top Marks. https://www.topmarks.co.uk/learning-to-count/chopper-squad
Have a fantastic summer everyone and thank you for being such an amazing class!
Stay safe and keep smiling.
PS Later on today I will post some summer activities on Seesaw that you can complete if we have any wet, rainy days over the holidays. I am hoping for 5 weeks of sunshine!! Please do not feel that you have to do these and make sure that you take time to relax and enjoy spending time with your families.