Good morning everyone!
I hope you had a good day yesterday, despite the rain. Many of you have been practising counting in 2s, 5s and 10s over the last few weeks and I can really see the difference. Well done! Next week we will be using this, as we are going on to learn about money, so please collect together all your loose change. (1p, 2p, 5p and 10p coins please)
Here are today’s literacy and numeracy activities that will be posted over on Seesaw.
- Read through the “Salt Water Science Experiment” on Seesaw and then have fun carrying this experiment out. The link below gives other suggestions of things to try. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulcGUyg7bxo
- Write a report about what happened when you carried out your experiment. What materials did you need? What did you do with the salt? What happened when you put in the eggs? Why did this happen? Did you try anything else in the water?
Scroll down and do the short quiz. Did you listen well?
- Sing the “Months of the Year” song from yesterday.
- Look at a calendar. What do we use a calendar for?
- Get a grown up to ask you questions eg What month comes after January? What is the 4th month of the year? Use the calendar to help you.
- Talk about things that happen in the same month every year. Eg Your birthday, Halloween, Christmas, Valentines Day, Burns Night
- Complete the “Months of the Year Cycle” that I have posted on Seesaw. Cut and stick or simply write the words.
- Complete the counting scales activity on Seesaw. How many scales does each Rainbow Fish have? (within 20)
- Use chalk to draw a big fish outside in your garden or on your pavement. Can you number each of his scales? How many does your fish have? Post some photographs of your fish please.
I think the weather is meant to be better again today so make sure that you stop for breaks and get outside for some fresh air and exercise too.
Take care everyone.